Important COVID-19 update from GCLParcel
Against the backdrop of the global COVID-19 outbreak, we are continuously adapting to mitigate potential impacts for you and our customers.
We wanted to share with you some of our main actions we are taking to ensure the safety of our customers, your customers and our employees during the COVID-19 outbreak.
In the background we are working on mobilising our business continuity plans, monitoring and responding to local conditions. Our delivery partners are maintaining delivery services around the world, and to help you keep up to date on our operations in impacted countries.
In addition, you can read more information about how we are responding to the situation here.
THE SAFETY OF OUR CUSTOMERS: Non-Contact Deliveries
To assist our customers who do not wish to sign on scanners or on paper due to social distancing, beginning Monday 23 March 2020 we will temporarily enable the Signature Release option for all business-to-consumer (B2C) shipments on our On Demand Delivery platform. Receivers whose shippers already permit Signature Release will continue to receive the same delivery experience they’ve always had.
Please note the following important rules we always follow for Signature Release:
- Shipments keep the signature requirement, unless the receiver authorises release using On Demand Delivery.
- DHL stores an electronic record of the release authorisation, including name, date and time.
- Signature Release does not mean DHL will “just leave it.” The receiver must authorise the release using On Demand Delivery. If there is no release authorisation, we will always attempt to get a signature.
- In cases where the receiver does not choose Signature Release prior to delivery, but still does not want to sign on the scanner, our couriers will temporarily offer a non-contact alternative.
- Countries where for operational, cultural or security reasons Signature Release is not offered, are not included in the temporary directive
It is more important than ever that we have accurate mobile phone and email details of your customers. Without mobile phone or email we cannot provide your customers with access to On Demand Delivery
We will change other delivery options available as required by country. For instance, in those countries where retail behaviour has been restricted, our partner service points may close temporarily. These changes will be reflected in the options we present to your customers until daily life normalises.
THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES
In line with our “Safety First” principle, we are following the guidelines laid down by the dedicated COVID-19 task force of our delivery partners. This includes making sure that our country organisations operate in accordance with the protocols of official authorities, both international organisations and local health authority advisories, whichever sets the strictest rules.
To protect our employees, we have issued a set of simple guidelines relating to social distancing and hygiene, as well as HR procedures for quarantine and sick leave. We also regularly update our employees on the changing situation via internal media and our local management teams.
GCLParcel will continue to respond constructively to the needs of our customers and employees, and will continue to enhance our processes as the situation develops, in accordance with guidelines from global and local authorities.
Thank you for your trust and cooperation.
The GCLParcel Team